Thursday, July 23, 2009

Monday night football!

Monday night just gone the Husband and I went to the footy. His mum had scored free tickets, which is lucky because we would not have gone otherwise.

You see, we support the Parramatta Eels. And if you follow the NRL, you would know what a cruddy season they are having. I didn't really want to spend money on seeing them loose. Again (and also in the freezing cold!)

So, you can imagine my joy when they won. THEY WON! Against Melbourne Storm, which is a bit impressive. 18-16 to be exact, yes a missed conversion was all that separated them.
Funny that that was the final score. My Grandpa (bless him) and Nanna used to be on the footy. But only the Friday night game and would always bet on the 'pick the score' option (can't you tell I'm a massive TAB junkie with my wealth of knowledge) The score they would pick? 18-16. Every single Friday night game.

You'd be suprised how often the score ends up like this, and when it does, I smile and think about Grandpa.

Anyway, here are some picks from the game (which was also Nathan Hindmarsh's 250th first grade game, all played for the Eels)





No comments:

Post a Comment